For more than 50 years Baroid IDP has offered drilling fluid training to our customers with the annual customer workshops, often known as mud schools. What do you learn in a workshop?
Find out in our Welcome to Mud School video.
Drilling disciplines covered:
Water Well - Fundamentals of drilling fluid properties; emphasis on drilling, completion and development practices.
Minerals Exploration - Fundamentals of drilling fluid properties with emphasis on wireline coring and air drilling techniques.
HDD - Fundamentals of drilling fluid properties in the horizontal directional drilling industry with an introduction to the Drilling Square.
Geothermal - Fundamentals of drilling fluid and grout design and use for ground source heat pump market; strong focus on new and innovative grout technologies.
Spanish Language Class - Covers the basic drilling fluids used in the Water Well, Horizontal, Geothermal, and Minerals Exploration industries.
Tunneling/Micro-Tunneling - Fundamentals of fluid properties and application for face fluids and lubricating fluids in the tunneling and micro-tunneling markets.
2019 Houston Customer Workshop Schedule:
The 2019 workshop schedule is under development. We will announce the exact dates and subject matter in the fall. Please check back then for more information.
Please note, the customer workshops listed above are not affiliated with Baroid's Oilfield Mud School.
Visit our YouTube site to view the following Baroid IDP Video Demonstrations:
- Mud Balance Demonstration
- Sand Content Test
- Hole in Sand Demonstration
- Full Area Filter Press Demonstration
- EZ-MUD® GOLD Clay and Shale Stabilizer Demonstration
- Air Foam Demonstration using QUIK-FOAM® Foaming Agent
- Marsh Funnel Viscosity Test Demonstration
- Demonstration of Fann’s Half Area Filter Press
- Hardness and PH Test Demonstration
- N-SEAL™ Lost Circulation Material Demonstration
- QUIK-TROL® GOLD PAC Polymer Demonstration
- Fann Instrument Company Model 280 Rheometer Demonstration
- Polymer Overview
- Hard Water Snow Globe Demonstration