Baroid Industrial Drilling Products (IDP) has become the leader in its industry through an unending dedication to research and product development. The IDP Laboratory, an integral part of the Halliburton/Baroid Technology system, is committed to product development and technical service facilitating the support of customer and industry needs as well as the needs of IDP field engineers. Because of the diversification of IDP business in recent years, the scope of the IDP laboratory's mission has evolved to meet the challenges, but the general thrust of our mission is unchanged. Working together with customers and our field engineers, Research and Development (R&D) is better able to create innovative products, which respond to industry needs and often set performance standards.
The IDP R&D Lab concentrates their efforts on these major responsibilites:
- Providing technical service to customers to assure maximum benefits from use of Baroid products.
- Maintaining product line superiority through continual product assessment.
- Maintaining technology leadership through the creation and introduction of new products.
- Pursuing cooperative networking between customers, field engineers, and research staff for promoting the growth of the industry.
- Conducting and/or participating in cooperative research projects with various universities and research institutions to extend its technological edge.